How do I access Parent Portal?

  • Select the "Parent Portal" link found on the left side of this page under the "Parent & Student Links" menu
  • Log onto - http://www.madisonschools.k12.va.us/
    • Then click on Quick Links at the top of the page

How do I register a new student?

Please contact main office at 540-948-3783 to schedule an appointment to register a new student. 

Parents will need the following documents to register:

  • Proof of Residency - please provide TWO of the following documents:
    • Homeowners:
      • Mortgage Statement
      • Homeowner Insurance Policy
      • Tax Bill of Residence
      • Utility Bill (gas, electric, water)
      • House Phone Bill
    • Renters:
      • Rental/Lease Agreement
      • Utility Bill (gas, electric, water)
      • Renters Insurance Policy
      • Voters Registration
      • Recent Payroll Stub with Madison County Address
      • Personal Property Tax Bill
    • Doubled Up:
      • Verification of Residency Affidavit (Notarized) (Homeowner and Renter Both Fill Out)
      • Homeowner provides verification of residency (TWO Proofs From List Above)
      •    Parent/Guardian must provide one of the following:
        • Driver's License
        • Voter Registration
        • Auto Registration
        • Recent Payroll Stub with Madison County Address
    • ** (We do not accept Cell Phone Bills, Medical Statements, Bank Statements) **
Additional Required Documents:

  • Completed Registration Packet (provided by school)
  • Parent’s Photo ID
  • Copy of Student's Birth Certificate
  • Immunization Records (TDAP)
  • Court Custody Agreement Documents
  • Last Semester Grades
  • SOL scores

How do I transfer my student to another school?

  • Please contact the Guidance Secretary to notify the school.
  • Make sure student pays outstanding lunch account, turns in all classroom and library books.

How does my child apply for a workers permit?

Students in need of worker permits should visit the Department of Labor and Industry website to complete the necessary paperwork to obtain a permit. The website can be found at: http://www.doli.virginia.gov/laborlaw/employment_certificate_instructions.html